Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I like MEMEs, do you like MEMEs?

?!? What is a meme? (mēm) The term describes a unit of cultural information, that is transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another. Examples include thoughts, ideas, theories, gestures, practices, fashions, habits, songs, and dances. 

So, to translate that idea in blogland, the same set questions are asked of a random group of people just for fun!

I like the odd-ball randomness of MEMEs so I'm going to be posting them from time to time. I like seeing how you all answer, it helps us get to know each other!

The best way to play is to right click on "Comments" to open it in a new window, so you can still see the questions, then answer!

1.  Do you like to read?
2.  What are you reading right now?
3.  How do you find time to read?
4.  Where is your favorite reading spot?
5.  Do you prefer adventures, biographies, histories, mysteries, romance or another genre?

2 comments:

Mel said...

1. I LOVE to read, although I do it via audiobooks so I can get stuff done!

2. I am currently reading Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand (I highly recommend it!!)

3. Refer to #1. Listening to audiobooks allows me to still clean the house, drive to school, sew and garden while 'reading'.

4. In Urban's room. We bought a super nice gliding chair with ottoman covered in yellow chenille. Soft and quiet!

5. I like most genres, however I'm NOT a faiery freak. Don't like Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter etc. I also don't like romance books or movies for that matter!

Ben Kroff said...

1. I like the idea of reading. I don't actually get it done well.

2. I am currently reading The Alchemist, Bonds that Make Us Free, and The Integrity Advantage. And The Book of Mormon with my family.

3. While Chelsi is washing her face before bed. Early in the morning as a family. Very random times. I miss my 40 minute commute to Mesquite when I used to go through an Audio book in a week or two.

4. In bed, at the table (to stay awake), on the sofa (to take a nap)

5. Self-Help, business, and philosophy. Favorite book is "Walden" by Henry David Thoreau.